Research: 3 Years (postdoc)
Teaching: 12 years
- Engineering Physics
- Solid state device
- Electromagnetic field theory
PhD (2009): Homi Bhabha National Institute, BARC, India.
Work Carried out at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, India.
Post MSc (2003): Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, India.
MSc (2002): Jadavpur University, India.
Contact Address :
National Institute of Technology Sikkim,
South Sikkim - 737 139
- PI: PI-Dr. Md. Nurujjaman, Implementation of Ensemble Transform Kalman Filter based Data Assimilation system in ROMS model using ARGO data. SERB, DST.
- Dr. Md. Nurujjaman, Dr. D. P. Bal, Dr. Barun Thakur, and Dr. Debnath, Innovative and sustainable decision support system for drinking water security in Indian Himalayan Region of Sikkim and West Bengal, NATIONAL MISSION ON HIMALAYAN STUDIES, GBPNIHESD, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change.
- S. Chowdhury, A. Deb, C. Barman, Md Nurujjaman & D.K. Bora. Simultaneous monitoring of soil 222Rn in the Eastern Himalayas and the geothermal region of eastern India: an earthquake precursor. Natural Hazards 112.2 (2022): 1477-1502.
- N. Dutta, B. K. Thakur, Md Nurujjaman, K. Debnath & D. P. Bal. An assessment of the water quality index (WQI) of drinking water in the Eastern Himalayas of South Sikkim, India. Groundwater for Sustainable Development 17 (2022): 100735.
- A. Rai, A. Mahata, Md Nurujjaman, S. Majhi, & K. Debnath. A sentiment-based modeling and analysis of stock price during the COVID-19: U-and Swoosh-shaped recovery. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 592 (2022): 126810.
- A. Rai, A. Mahata, Md Nurujjaman & O. Prakash. Statistical properties of the aftershocks of stock market crashes revisited: Analysis based on the 1987 crash, financial-crisis-2008 and COVID-19 pandemic. International Journal of Modern Physics C 33.02 (2022): 2250019.
- A Mahata, A Rai, M Nurujjaman, O Prakash, Modeling and analysis of the effect of COVID-19 on the stock price: V and L-shape recovery, Physica A 574, 126008, 2021.
- A Mahata, A Rai, M Nurujjaman, O Prakash, D Prasad Bal, Characteristics of 2020 stock market crash: The COVID-19 induced extreme event, Chaos 31 (5), 053115, 2021.
- A Ghosh, AK Ray, M Nurujjaman, M Jamshidi, Voltage and frequency control in conventional and PV integrated power systems by a particle swarm optimized Ziegler-
Nichols based PID controller, SN Applied Sciences 3 (3), 1-13, 2021.
- Nurujjaman, Md, and Ajit Mahata, Time scales and characteristics of stock markets in different investment horizons, Frontiers in Physics 8: 498 (2020).
- Ajit Mahata, Debi Prasad Bal and Md Nurujjaman, Identification of short-term and long-term time scales in stock markets and effect of structural break, Physica A 545, 123612, 2020.
- Saheli Chowdhury, Argha Deb, Md Nurujjaman, Chiranjib Barman, Identification of pre-seismic anomalies of soil radon-222 signal using Hilbert-
Huang transform, Natural Hazards 87, 1587-1606, 2017.
- PK Shaw, ANS Iyengar, M Nurujjaman, Canard and mixed mode oscillations in an excitable glow discharge plasma in the presence of inhomogeneous magnetic field, Physics of Plasmas 22 (12), 122301 (2015).
- U Deka, A Rao, M Nurujjaman, Multi-scale dynamics in externally excited glow discharge plasma, Physica Scripta 90 (12), 125602 (2015)
- Md Nurujjaman, A. Apte, P. Vinayachandran. Data assimilation using Ensemble Transform Kalman Filter (ETKF) in ROMS model for Indian Ocean. The European Physical Journal Special Topics 222, 875-883 (2013).
- Md. Nurujjaman, Sumanth Shivamurthy, Amit Apte, Tanu Singla, and P. Parmananda, Effect of discrete time observations on synchronization in Chua model and applications to data assimilation, Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science 22,023125 (2012).
- Md. Nurujjaman and A. N. Sekar Iyengar, Dynamics of an excitable glow discharge plasma under external forcing, Phys.Rev. E 82, 056210 (2010).
- Md. Nurujjaman, A. N. Sekar Iyengar and P. Parmananda, Emergence of the stochastic resonance in glow discharge plasma, Journal of Physics: Conference Series 208, 012084 (2010).
- Md. Nurujjaman, Modeling noise-induced resonance in an excitable system: An alternative approach, Phys. Rev. E 81,036203 (2010).
- Md. Nurujjaman,Ramesh Narayanan, and A. N. Sekar Iyengar, CWT based time-scale and multi-fractal analysis of nonlinear oscillations in a hollow cathode glow discharge plasma, Phys. Plasmas 16, 102307 (2009).
- Md. Nurujjaman, Ramesh Narayanan, and A. N. Sekar Iyengar, Comparative study of nonlinear properties of EEG signals of normal persons and epileptic patients, Nonlinear Biomedical Physics, 3:6, (2009). (highly Accessed)
- Md. Nurujjaman, P. S. Bhattacharya, A. N. Sekar Iyengar and Sandip Sarkar, Coherence resonance in a unijunction transistor relaxation oscillator, Phys. Rev. E 80, 015201R (2009).
- Md. Nurujjaman, A. N. Sekar Iyengar and P. Parmananda, Noise induced resonance dynamics in nonlinear plasmas, Physics Teacher 50, 23 (2008).
- Md. Nurujjaman, A. N. Sekar Iyengar and Punit Parmananda, Noise-invoked resonances near a homoclinic bifurcation in the glow discharge plasma, Phys. Rev. E 78, 026406 (2008).
- Md. Nurujjaman, Ramesh Narayanan and A. N. Sekar Iyengar, Parametric investigation of nonlinear fluctuations in a dc glow discharge plasma, Chaos 17, 043121 (2007).
- Md. Nurujjaman and A.N. Sekar Iyengar, Realization of SOC behavior in a dc glow discharge plasma, Physics Letters A 360, 717 (2007).
- Md. Nurujjaman, Ramesh Narayanan and A. N. Sekar Iyengar, Fractal Dimension of the El Salvador Earthquake (2001) time Series, Lect. Notes Physics 705, 499 (2007).
- Md. Nurujjaman, A.N. Sekar Iyengar, Chaotic-to-ordered state transition of cathode-sheath instabilities in DC glow discharge plasmas, PRAMANA-journal of physics 67, 299 (2006).